Welcome back to the Make It Monday series! It has been a few weeks since I’ve posted a DIY, so this week’s post is a yummy and healthy dessert recipe. It’s only fair that I tell you how I came up with this recipe before revealing it. I was up late one of many nights and got that sweet tooth kick. Did the regular thing and walked over to my refrigerator and saw some leftover quinoa that I made Aiden‘s dinner with earlier that evening. That’s when the creative concoction kicked in. Let’s be honest most of us get a dessert craving every now and then and I’m very big on “if you love it so much you shouldn’t have to give it up completely.” What I’ve learned about eating healthy is I have to learn how to modify certain things in order to satisfy my taste buds. I won’t keep you waiting here’s the delicious recipe. Let me know how you like it and if you added other yummy ingredients.
Coconut Quinoa Pudding
1 cup of cooked quinoa
1 1/2 cup of coconut milk
Coconut sugar (to sweeten to your liking)
1/4 tsp of vanilla
Dash of cinnamon
Fruit of your choice I used blackberries and apples
1 Tablespoon of Kahlua
1. Heat coconut milk in saucepan until warm, then stir in quinoa.
2. Add vanilla, cinnamon and Kahlua then stir. Allow mixture to heat until warm, you want it to be warm and not hot. Remove mixture from fire.
3. Then add coconut sugar by the teaspoon until it’s is sweet to your liking ( I added about 3 tsp to mine).
4. Last add your fruit and stir. Serve in cups and enjoy.
Within the next few days I’ll be posting the new fall and winter/holiday collection. For my fall collection my inspiration came from the idea of simplicity, but uniqueness and how to infuse both of those ideas. Loving the way geometric shapes look I found a way to blend into something simple with a bit different. I’m completely addicted to things that are textured. It gives a little edge to something that’s modern.
As for the Holiday collection I wanted something more shimmery, but still with a little modern edge. I decided to try out using pyrite, also know as fool’s gold. It has such a shimmer to it that I love, plus I think it looks great against the antique brushed brass.
First I want to thank beautywiththeblogger for nominating me for a Liebster :) Go follow her blog! RULES:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you will post.
- Choose 11 new blogs with under 200 followers for their Liebster Award, notify them that they have been nominated, and think of 11 questions for them to answer!
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I’m organized when it comes to everything except for my digital life (emails, memory sticks, cloud storage…it’s a mess–I’m working on it though)
- If you’ve given me a card at any point in my 34 years of existence for my Birthday I still have it..I save ALL my cards.
- I love dark chocolate, wine, almonds and avocados.
- I’m a tea and coffee drinker…love the smell of fresh brewing coffee.
- My sister and I have the same birthday- 4/11 (no we aren’t twins).
- Not a morning person and very much a night owl—I like quiet mornings, however, that’s a little hard in a household of 5 plus 2 dogs.
- Good listener when others need to talk and I’ll even help you find solutions to your issue.
- I’m pretty easy going, but it’s a pet peeve of mine when people waste my time.
- Still learning a lot things when it comes to my spiritual journey–but hey aren’t we all?!
- I’ve discovered how much I love audio books on my daily commutes–thanks to Audible.
- I speak to my mom every single day.
Questions from BeautyWithTheBlogger
1) What has been your Summer go to fotd?
LOL..this could either mean Face Of The Day or Food Of The Day–I’ll answer both. Natural, moisturized with a light colored lipstick and maybe a little mascara, for “food” fruits (berries or mangoes)
2)Do you wear your hair more up or down this season?
It’s down during the day and by evening when it’s gym time it goes up.
3) Who is your favorite blogger?
I have so many that it’s hard to pick, my top 3 are Design Sponge, Designing An MBA and I Spy DIY
4) Are you Happy you followed my blog? Lol
Yes! You are so cute!
5) Do you enjoy blogging more than any other social network or not really ?
I have my days. I use to try and post something everyday and then I decided to scale back and post quality content over quantity.
6) What is your favorite song?
Once again I have one too many. New school Nico & Vinz–Am I Wrong, Old School Sade–Smooth Operator
7) What is something you always wanted to do but never did?
Visit Africa–I still have time to do this though.
8) DID YOU SEE PRETTY LITTLE LIARS TONIGHT
I didn’t actually, but my husband has been telling me that it’s a pretty good show.
9) What’s your day to day skincare routine?
I use to be a product junkie (maybe I still am), but I discovered Om Botanical products at a Health Foods fair and it’s been one of the best products I’ve used to date. It’s all in one cleanser, toner and exfoliator are great I do a facial steam and mask once a week.
10) What do you like to do most in the summer ?
Beach and pool–although I haven’t gotten a chance to do either one since summer started :(
11) Are you having a good day? I hope so
Every day God wakes me up and allows me to experience is a good one I’ve come to realize. I have my health, family and friends–everything else is meaningless without those 3 components. Life isn’t always going to be easy, but I’ve learn to find happiness in something each day- my 100 Days of Happy on Day 31 so far.
I NOMINATE THE FOLLOWING BLOGS:
I’m LOVING the names of these blogs I nominated!
11 Questions to Answer
1. What’s your main reason for blogging?
2. iPhone or Samsung or Neither
3. What’s your ultimate favorite vacation spot?
4. What book do you recommend I read next?
5. What’s your favorite summer cocktail (it can be virgin or not..your choice)?
6. What food do you like to eat while sipping on your favorite cocktail?
7. What’s your favorite accessory or jewelry piece to wear?
8. What’s your favorite holiday?
9. Morning riser or Night Owl?
10. Social Butterfly or “Please Don’t Talk to Me”
11. What’s your pet peeve?
Welcome to Make It Monday. Today’s video is a simple project that you can do in 5 minutes or less. If you are like me and have excess beads laying around from previous projects, here’s a great DIY idea. These cute keychains can make great party favor gifts or even a project with your little one. Enjoy and don’t forget to subscribe to our list for more videos!
I love ice cream during the summer. A couple of years ago my husband discovered harmful ingredients that are added to store bought ice cream. That’s when we decided to invest in an ice cream maker and started to mix up our own recipes. I don’t know about you, but the ingredients in ice cream should be simple and when I see ingredients like corn syrup and carrageenan it worries me.
I absolutely love rum raisin ice cream and I wanted to try a version using coconut milk. The result was TASTY. You couldn’t even tell it was made from coconut milk and it was very simple to make and it happens to be paleo (that was just by chance). Here’s the recipe I used:
Rum Raisin Ice Cream
1 can of full fat coconut milk
3/4 cup coconut sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 – 3/4 cup of raisin (I like mine with a lot so I used 3/4 cup)
1/4 cup of rum
1. Soak raisins in rum for 2 hours or overnight if you like. You may need to add a little more rum to ensure all the raisins are covered.
2. In a small sauce pan pour the can of coconut milk and stir in coconut sugar over low heat. Add the vanilla extract.
3. Beat the egg yolk and slowly add that to the coconut milk mixture while stirring slowly. If mixture begins to curdle a bit, don’t worry you can strain it when the mixture cools.
4. Allow the mixture to cool and pour into a heatproof bowl. Add only the raisins from the rum soaked mixture.
5. Cover mixture and put in refrigerator to cool for at least 4 hours or even overnight.
6. Pour mixture into ice cream maker using the ice cream maker’s directions.
7. Once ice cream mixes. Pour it into a metal pan or plastic container an line top with parchment paper and freeze for about an hour.
8. Time to enjoy your ice cream!
For future updates please be sure to subscribe to my list.