Yes you read correctly! It’s giveaway time, who’s in? On April 30, 2014 I will be giving away a free pair of these Hammered Gold Brass Dangle Chain Earrings as mentioned on LIFESTYLET’s blog. So how do you go about entering your chance to win these new earrings? It’s simple:
1. Subscribe to The Pink Locket’s list
2. Entrant must be at least 18 years or old and be a U.S. Citizen or Resident living in the United States.
3. One entry per an individual.
4. Winner will be chosen on April 30th and announced right here on my blog.
That’s all! Easy right? Good Luck!
I celebrated my 34th Birthday a week ago and I’ve noticed as I fully emerge into my my mid 30s I’ve realized the ever changing type of my indecisive skin. Additionally, I’ve been experiencing the “adult acne” breakout on one side of my cheek. I’ve been to the dermatologist twice for prescriptions that just didn’t seem to work, not to mention plenty of over the counter products that haven’t worked either.
Prescriptions from Dermatologist
One day I was talking to my mom about the issue and she said to try Aloe Vera. I said “really?” So I bought one of those long aloe leaves sliced it up into cubes and put it in a jar with a little distilled water and for 2 weeks straight after washing my face I would take an aloe cube and apply it to the breakout area, then I would add my sunscreen moisturizer. I saw great results by the end of 1 week and by week 2 I was very pleased. Turns out that Aloe Vera has antimicrobial properties that helps with acne as well as anti-inflammatory properties to help reduce redness, which were my exact issues. In addition, it helps to remove excess oils and dirt from your skin that tend to clog pores. Here’s some more info on the pluses of using Aloe Vera for acne.
Mother’s Day is less than one month away. I don’t know about you, but I think there is much to be said about personalized gifts. It becomes one of those keepsake items that you actually want to hold onto. It also shows that thought and love were put into whatever the personalized item is. This Mother’s Day I’ve created the “Mom” Hammered Envelope Necklace and of course you can personalize the hand stamp to whatever word you want. I’m doing an early special for $23 for this necklace until April 30th, so be sure to get yours soon.
Check out my newest spring collection…Bold Metals
Today’s Make It Monday is a slide show I created from my fellow crafty entrepreneurs on Slidshare . Just some tips I’ve learned from experience when creating The Pink Locket. Hope you find them useful, please be sure to subscribe to my list for more useful information.
Yesterday was a lazy Sunday. That usually happens when it’s rainy and gloomy outside. We had a couple over ripe bananas in our fruit bowl, so I had a great idea of incorporating it into french toast. My sister even said hmmm “If I ate french toast I’d definitely try that!” I even got the thumbs up approval from all the men in my house and my nephew…so I guess it was pretty good. Here’s the recipe and don’t worry it’s super easy!
Banana and Coconut French Toast
3 large eggs
10 slices of bread of your choice
2 bananas (I used over ripened opens)
1/4 cup of shredded coconuts
2 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 cup of coconut milk
2 tsp of coconut sugar
1. Heat griddle to 325 degrees.
2. In a bowl mash bananas and add shredded coconut. Then add 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1 tsp of vanilla and mix.
3. In a separate bowl beat eggs then add coconut milk, 1 tsp of vanilla, 1 tsp of cinnamon and coconut sugar.
4. Take banana mixture and spread about 1 Tablespoon (give or take) between 2 slices of bread (like a sandwich). Continue until you’ve made all the sandwiches needed.
5. Next dip both sides of sandwiches egg batter mixture and place on heated griddle, turn after a few minutes. The sides should be golden brown.
6. Serve with maple syrup. We ate ours with raspberry syrup, which was yummy.
What are some of your spur of the moment recipes? Leave a comment, we’d love to hear!